- 8 slices Patrick Cudahy® Thick Sliced Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lb crimini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and melt butter in pan. Add onion and cook until it starts to caramelize. Add mushrooms and sauté until they start to release juices and brown. Add garlic and thyme and sauté until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze pan with white wine and cook until evaporated.
- Puree ½ of the cooked mushrooms in food processor.
- Mix together mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella, Reggiano, and bacon and place in a 3 cup baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven until bubbling and golden brown on top, about 20-40 minutes.
- Serve warm with crackers or pita chips.
This Recipe Features
- Thick Sliced
Double Smoked Bacon