- 1 lb. Italian or plain pork sausage
- 4 oz. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. breadcrumbs
- 1 c. Patrick Cudahy? Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, cooked and chopped fine
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2? c. Bisquick
- 2/3 c. milk
- B?chamel Sauce:
- 4 oz. butter
- ? c. flour
- 4 c. milk
- 1 c. mushrooms, saut?ed
- ? c. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 1. In medium bowl, mix sausage, ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, bacon, Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- 2. In separate bowl, mix 2? c. Bisquick and 2/3 c. milk until soft dough forms.
- 3. Roll out dough on lightly floured cutting board or clean counter.
- 4. Spread pork and bacon mixture evenly over dough and roll into a log.
- 5. Slice dough into 1-inch-thick pinwheels, place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350?F for 25 minutes.
- 6. While pinwheels are baking, heat butter and flour in a small saucepan to make a roux. Stir over low heat for 2-3 minutes until slightly dry.
- 7. In large saucepan, heat 4 c. milk until it reaches 150?F. Whisk in roux until milk begins to thicken, then add bacon, cooked mushrooms, and Cajun seasoning.
- 8. Serve pinwheels warm with bacon b?chamel.
This Recipe Features
- Regular Sliced Bacon