- 1 pound short pasta
- 7 slices Patrick Cudahy Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile in a large skillet over med-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove to a paper towel to absorb some of the drippings. Drain all but one Tablespoon of bacon drippings
- 3. Add butter to the remaining bacon drippings. Add onion and saut? until tender.
- 4. Add cream to the pan. Let simmer on low heat for a few minutes, until the cream sauce begins to reduce and thicken. Stir in the reserved bacon and Gouda. It takes some time to melt the Gouda cheese. Taste for seasoning: add salt, pepper or garlic salt to taste.
- 5. Add the sauce to the reserved pasta and stir until evenly distributed. Serve.