- 1 cup orange juice, 2 tbsp. fresh grated ginger root
- 2-3 cups of large diced pineapple
- 3 green or red bell peppers, large diced
- 1 red onion, large diced
- 12 strips of Patrick Cudahy Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon
- 3 in. heavy-duty tooth picks
- Heat orange juice in small saucepan with ginger and reduce juice by 1/3.
- Let sauce cool, and pour sauce over pieces of diced pineapple and peppers.
- In a saut? pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil, saut? peppers, onion and pineapple over medium high heat until half cooked (about 1-2 minutes).
- Cool all ingredients and set aside.
- Cook Patrick Cudahy Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon in the oven until bacon is cooked but not crisp. (This will make the bacon easier to place on the kebob).
- Assemble ingredients on a tooth pick starting with the end of a bacon strip, pineapple, pepper, fold bacon back onto tooth pick, add onion, pepper, fold bacon again so the end of the bacon strip is on the tooth pick.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, heat kebobs on a greased cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or heat on a grill until meat crisps and vegetables and pineapple are hot-serve.
This Recipe Features
- Regular Sliced Bacon