- 6 slices Patrick Cudahy? Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large sweet or yellow onion (8 ounces), thinly sliced
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup basil pesto or sun dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 cup diced Patrick Cudahy? Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Deli Ham (1/4 inch pieces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese
- Cook bacon in a large deep skillet over medium heat until crisp; transfer to a paper towel and set aside. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from skillet. Add onion; saut? 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400?F. Spray 12 medium muffin cups with cooking spray. Open pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Using a 3 to 3-1/2 inch round cookie cutter (or the top of a 1 cup measuring cup), cut 6 rounds from each pastry sheet. Press 1 round in bottom and up sides of each cup. Spoon pesto over bottoms of cups. Arrange saut?ed onion, ham, crumbled bacon and cheese evenly over pesto. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes; transfer to serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This Recipe Features
- Honey Ham
- Regular Sliced Bacon