- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 5 slices Patrick Cudahy? Sweet Apple-Wood Smoked Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled*
- Heat oven to 425?F. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until the size of coarse meal. Stir in buttermilk and 3 slices of the bacon.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface; knead for 20 seconds. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured biscuit cutter; transfer the rounds to a baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining bacon over biscuits. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- *5 slices Patrick Cudahy fully cooked bacon may be substituted.
This Recipe Features
- Regular Sliced Bacon
- Bacon Pieces